2018年3月20日 星期二

萬壽菊燕麥皂 Marigold and Oatmeal Soap

Last Sunday, my mom gave me some dried marigold. It has a special sweet scent and is commonly used to make tea. I infused half of it in olive oil, and keep half in jar for tea. 

I made some marigold tea with distill water and freeze it for making soaps. The ice cubes of marigold tea  and some more distill water along with NaOH were mixed as lye water. The purpose of freezing the tea is just to keep the lye water in a lower temperature.

I have some Chamomile infused oils, one is apricot kernel oil and the other is extra virgin olive oil. I used both of them. Though oatmeal is often seen in the recipe of Honey and Oatmeal Soap, I still decided to add my fine ground oatmeal in this soap, since oatmeal is good for eczema and sensitive skin. This soap is designed for my sister, who has sensitive skin and is going through some medical treatment.




1% sodium lactate
chamomile essential oil
95% alcohol spray


沒有留言:

張貼留言